by Alison Lueders, Great Green Editing
For those of you still basking in the summer’s final week, it can be hard to let go of that “aaaahhhh” feeling.
But good times await! There are many green events to look forward to – and add to your calendar – for fall. They range from the educational to the celebratory to the just plain fun.
Here’s a sample of what is coming up:
- Going Green Tampa’s Holistic Happy Hour – September 11, 2012 at Boca’s in Tampa. GGT continues its monthly tradition of meeting at a local, green restaurant. Join other business owners who are “going green” to hear what they are doing and share your own stories.
- Sustainable Florida is hosting its Best Practices Awards Dinner – September 12, 2012 in Palm Beach Gardens. They honor every kind of organization, from businesses to government to nonprofits.
- The US Green Chamber is hosting “Making Sense of Green Legislation” – September 20, 2012 in Orlando. Lee Constantine will facilitate a discussion with representatives of state, county and city governments about existing, pending and proposed “green” legislation that impacts sustainability.
- The Sustainable Business Coalition is sponsoring a breakfast at the Tampa Bay Lighting’s facility – October 9, 2012. The Lightning, an SBC award winner, will provide a tour of their renovated facility, which sets a new mark for energy efficiency.
- And last, but certainly not least, there’s the Fifth Annual Sustany® Buzz at the Straz Center – November 8, 2012. Come celebrate 5 years of progress in moving Tampa Bay in a more sustainable direction!