CATCH THE BUZZ BUY A TICKET/PLANT A TREE!
–THE 12th ANNUAL SUSTAINABLE BUZZ IS COMING NOVEMBER 13th
Tampa, Fla. (October 23, 2019) – The Sustany Foundation is hosting its 12th Annual Sustainable Buzz event on Wednesday, starting at 6:30p.m. for General Admission and 5:30 for VIPs. The Buzz will take place at the Straz Center for the Performing Arts, Downtown Tampa on the Riverwalk.
The importance of saving the honeybee cannot be over emphasized. One third of the
world’s bee population is now gone and more disappearing everyday. Every third bite of
food we consume is because a honeybee pollinated it. As one can quickly see, NO
BEES – NO FOOD CROPS. It is a compilation of problems that is causing their
disappearance and the poisons and pesticides that are being used are certainly at the
top of the list.
THE FOLLOWING IS INFORMATION I HAVE GATHERED FROM PRESENTATIONS,
MARKETS, ETC. WHICH HAS EDUCATED ME TO THE LACK OF KNOWLEDGE THE
PUBLIC ACTUALLY HAS REGARDING THE HONE
Each year, The Sustainable Buzz celebrates environmentalism in Tampa Bay by featuring the best that the Bay has to offer including local food, drink and music on the Riverwalk. In addition to food, The Sustainable Buzz will feature samples of wine, vodka as well as craft beer from local brewers.
In collaboration with Hillsborough County, proceeds from The Sustainable Buzz will fund the largest, single-day community tree planting in the County. The 100’s of new trees will help partially restore the County’s Pine Flatwoods ecosystem, add native wildlife habitats, and improve air quality.
- General Admission: Tickets are $50/person
- VIP: Tickets are $150/person (Includes, private lounge and
Tickets may be purchased at: https://2019buzz.eventbrite.com/
About the Sustany Foundation: Founded in 2007 as a 501(c)(3), the Sustany Foundation is dedicated to improving the quality of life in Tampa Bay by advancing sustainability efforts in the region. The Sustany Foundation is committed to building partnerships, sharing information and engaging in initiatives to protect, preserve and encourage responsible use of our natural resources. This year marks over a decade of hosting the Sustainable Business Awards and the Sustainable Buzz Festival, the region’s leading events recognizing and celebrating sustainability. www.sustany.org
Event Name: 12th Annual Sustainable Buzz
Date: November 13, 2019
Time: General Admission – 6:30pm – 9:30pm
VIP Admission and Private Reception – 5:30pm – 6:30pm
Location: Straz Center for the Performing Arts along the Riverwalk
Purpose: The Sustainable Buzz is a fundraiser and festival that celebrates sustainability in Tampa Bay. The event highlights local initiatives and raises awareness about sustainable actions for both individuals and businesses against the backdrop of a fun and interactive food, wine and beer festival. Proceeds from the event benefit the Sustany Foundation and fund sustainability grants and initiatives right here in our local community.
Audience: Each year, 700+ attendees gather at this one-of-a-kind event to become part of the Sustany tribe. Attendees include students, professionals, business leaders, government officials, academia, non-profits, retirees, foodies, craft beer enthusiasts, and any community members who want to celebrate our unique environment in Tampa Bay!
All Tickets include: Unlimited samples from more than 40 vendors including food, wine, craft beer and craft spirits
VIP Tickets include: Early entry, valet parking, VIP lounge exclusively catered by Zydeco with craft cocktails from local “celebrity” mixologist from Hall on Franklin
- Funds generated from the Buzz will enable Sustany and a team of volunteers to plant 1000’s of trees. In collaboration with Hillsborough County, our goal is to help reduce Green House Gas emissions and make a significant restoration impact to the Pine Flatwoods ecosystem, which used to be the largest in the state.
- A sustainable product Pop-up shop coordinated by Sans Market. Pop-up will include items from the Sans Market store in St. Pete, Vegan Nail polish from Poetry Cowgirl, and sustainable fashion items
- A Trashy Fashion show featuring local designer Melissa Dolce and some amazing “designs” made from recycled products and trash
- A Tiny Home exhibit (TBC)
- Electric Vehicle/ EV Charging Stations Demo (TBC)
- Live band and entertainment
- Experience a certified Zero-Waste event. All products used at the Buzz are collected, recycled or composted and the event was certified by Suncoast Compost in 2018.
In addition to our food and beverage vendors, attendees will have the chance to visit our educational and exhibitor tables featuring:
Tampa Bay Solar Hillsborough County Suncoast Compost
Tampa Bay Watch Auburn Supply Fashion Revolution Tampa Bay
Tampa Bay Estuary Program
This event is made possible with the generous support of our platinum sponsor Hillsborough County.
Other sponsors and partners include: Tampa International Airport Rivero, Gordimer & Co
|Suncoast Credit Union Mosaic Publix
|Conscious Capitalism FL