Job Description: Tampa Bay based not-for-profit promoting sustainability seeks a Development Director to create and implement a development plan that will support the current initiatives and future growth of the organization. The individual must be willing to perform hands-on fund raising and initiate a start-up development effort with limited resources. Must be a self-starter willing to work independently and with volunteers. Reports to President and Board of Directors.
- Create and implement annual development plan and strategy
- Lead and manage the organization’s overall development efforts and increase budget
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with current and potential donors and sponsors
- Develop and grow individual and corporate donor base, manage annual giving campaign, cultivate major gifts
- Write grant proposals and reports to corporate, foundation, and government funders
- Manage Board of Directors in a fundraising capacity
- Perform other duties as assigned by President and Board of Directors
Education- Bachelor’s Degree (Required); Knowledge of sustainability a plus
Required Skills– Sales and marketing, Excellent written and oral communication, Presentation development, Basic Excel spreadsheets, Budget development and management, Planning and organization, social media, and must be a self-starter and have an entrepreneurial spirit
Minimum Experience (5+ years in one or more of the following roles)- Marketing, Sales, Fund Raising and Development, and/or communication
Preferable Experience- Commission based sales, Sales/marketing planning and management, Event planning/coordination, Not-for-Profit development, Web site development, Grant writing, and Volunteer management
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.